A Clockwork Orange:



"'What's it going to be then, eh?'
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, Dim being really dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar making up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening, a flip dark chill winter bastard though dry."

I just found another copy of Anthony Burgess' book "A Clockwork Orange". I keep 'lending them out...' It's one of my favorite books, and I'd highly recommend giving it a read if you haven't yet.

Although the movie is different, the book revolves around the theme: regardless of the external influence, absolutely nothing will change someone who feels no need for change, although someone, anyone, even Alex can infact change. If they want to. If they feel the need to. Regardless of external influence; absolutely nothing can stop them.

This book is really quite poetic, and is filled with odd humor and graphic, surreal scenes. It does interesting thing for the mind, as it forces the reader to learn "Nadsat", the slang of the teens of a not too distant time. Real horrorshow!

No comments: